Thursday, August 5, 2010

Un-Re-Qui-ted

Photo Credit: Katayun

Ok I know this isn't bike related but I wrote this for Writer's Group today and I really thought it captured how I have been feeling lately.

Unrequited
Such a pretty word
Poets love the word

Un-re-qui-ted
Just saying the word makes me feel poetic
Group it in with Azure, Tympany and Onomotopeia
And you got yourself something special
A true blue died in the wool Lizard kind

Come on baby Light my Fire - Doors Lyric
But their wrong, They are all wrong

Un-re-qui-ted
Is an ugly word
A word that falls from lips like kisses don’t
A word that means No
A word that means Never
A word that Scream Loss

There is no
Come on baby light my fire
Try to set the Night on fire


Un-re-qui-ted
The word means alone
The word means Isolated
The word Screams Forsaken

There is No Mr Mojo Risin
Only

People are strange when you’re a stranger
Faces Look ugly when you’re alone
Women seem wicked when you’re unwanted
Streets are uneven when you’re down


Un-Re-Qui-Ted
It seems the Lizard King knew it well
As Do I
So don’t give me poems of Unrequited Love
So don’t speak to me of unanswered hope
And dreams Left to die alone and silent

Un-Re-Qui-ted
To me the word has a special meaning
To me the word is a screaming mirror
To me the word is a Wailing wall
To me the word is Me

www.xkcd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment