Friday, November 19, 2010

Vegetarian attempt Day #3



Photo Credit: ME

This is Hard.

For those of you who know me and are wondering "WHAT!!" and looking up in the sky for Jesus to return since this must be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse. Ill just say "Don't go running into the bomb shelter just yet. I don't expect it to be a lifestyle change. Instead I have decided to try and go meat free until thanksgiving. Partly to see if I can do it and in part to see what kind of lifestyle changes I would need to make. I have several friends who are vegetarians and I wanted a look into what they live with.

It has been an interesting few days.

Tuesday night at Wendy's with a friend of mine was the last time I had any meat. I have learned that this is a lifestyle you can't just decide to do easily as my snack last night was a cucumber sandwich. My kitchen and food supplies just aren't focused on the idea of 'No Meat'. Likewise my prospects for lunch at work are looking a little slim. veggie hoagie from subway - cheese Pizza from little Ceasers or salad from Get Go.

I should of done more research before blindly deciding to give this a try on Wednesday morning. I am however loving the looks I am getting from people who know me. I am wondering what changes (if any) I will see in the 8 days until Thanksgiving. (that is assuming I don't snap and kill and eat some small child.)

No comments:

Post a Comment