Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bike Ride


Took a bike ride today. Only 6 miles and I feel both energized and drained. I haven't been out riding much this season.

it shows

Everything about me is even softer and fatter than usual. Getting out to ride today was Hard. I won't deny it. I did not want to go out riding, and I had a whole list of excuses and an even longer list of just plain crap reasons. I have been feeling pretty down lately, and I knew that if I went out riding that I would feel better.

I didn't really want to feel better, I wanted to revel in the black mood that's been settling on me.

I had to force myself, and I forced myself. -- I a, so happy I did.

That mood that clung onto me so deeply just couldn't keep a hold of me as the miles and laps clicked on. Eventually it just fell off and for now, for a short time I am free.

1 comment:

  1. It is always a good thing to get out on your bike. The distance, the time, the route - these are all secondary! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete