Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Brunch - April 14 2013


I'm starting something new here on FGOB and I'm calling it Sunday Brunch. Think of it as a wrap up of the previous week. Things I saw,did, read, and noticed that didn't seem to rate a posting all on their own. Think of it as a buffet of little tasty tidbits.

Clean Bottle Vs Regular Bottle
Yesterday while washing dishes I had gathered up my water bottles and decided to give them all a good scrubbing, followed by santizing them in the santizing solution I use for brewing. I wahsed the bottles including 2 clean bottles, let them sit in the sanitizer for 15 min then put them in the dish drain to dry. I didnt think of them again until this morning when I was putting things away. I was surprised to see there was still droplets of water inside the regular water bottles and the Clean Bottles were both completly dry. Always good to see something that does what it claims to.

I have this problem with water bottles, I'm almost ashamed to admit it. I can never remember them. I washed 12 of them yesterday and the reason I own so many is that when I leave my house for a bike ride it is even chances that I forgot  to put a water bottle on my bike.  It is more than an even chance that while I forgot to put the water bottle on my bike it is sitting on the table filled and ready to go. I sometimes wonder if my bottle feel let down, if they got all excited about getting to go on a ride then i just abandonded them. I kinda feel like a jerk now.

Classic Car Cruise.
Yesterday I went to a Classic Car Cruise in the front of the Penn Hills High School. It seems the Musical this year is a mix of classic 50's songs, Hence the car cruise. (did I mention that Girl Scout Cookies were on sale) Not only did I go but I wore my Thick Bikes Shirt and while walking around with my 6 year old nephew he asked me "What kind of car is this" pointing to a car. I was going to answer "A red one" Since is was red but instead I told him "it's a car like all the rest. it runs on dead Dinosaurs, Pollutes the air and makes you fat." I'm still not sure how I feel about that answer.

Cycling Expo
Last sunday I went to the cycling expo. It was nice and I expected to write a whole post about it but there really wasn't all that much to write about. I don't know what I was expecting but it was heavy on the selling and light on the advocacy. (Flock of cycles was there and I had a great time hanging with my friends, Bike PGH was also there) I got a subscription to DirtRag Magazine and picked up a new headlight for my bike. (Cateye eco) that I will write about as soon as I get a chance to try it out.

Milage
My milage for the week is a shameful 6.21 miles. I wouldnt even have that if not for the laps I did around the school today.  I find it interesting that I can go for a ride on the trail alone or with friends and the miles click by as I'm enjoying myself. but ride a few laps around the school and I'm going crazy after the first couple of laps. I rode until I couldnt take it anymore.

The Wheel Mill
I saw on facebook on friday that The Wheel Mill has opened (indoor mountain biking). Yet another place to mock me. I wonder how long till I make it down there for a little riding. I also wonder how long from the time I get there to the time I wreck and kill myself.  I'm betting to long for the first and way to short for the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment