Monday, December 24, 2012

Premium Rush


Last night I stopped at Redbox and what do I find but that the movie Premium Rush is in. Now I didn't go to see this when it came out for various reasons. One of the main reasons what that I really didn't trust the makers of the movie to create a bike positive movie. I was partly right. I was also partly wrong. They showed why some people hate cyclists they also showed some positive sides as well.

I can live with that.

What the makers of the film did is create a story that was both fun to watch and thrilling to watch at the same time. I loved the story and didn't let the few plot holes I saw get in my way. I loved the chase scenes (which make up the lion's share of the movie) I also found myself enjoying all the non-bike parts of the story (the main plot) I enjoyed the ending even if I felt it was a little bit contrived. Most importantly I found that when the movie was over I wanted to get out and go riding. (since I watched this christmas eve morning and had many plans for the day I was left unfulfilled.)

The movie did not leave me unfullfilled however. This will go into the Pick up list of movies that I want to own. Take that for what you will but at 1.20$ in redbox picking this up is a no-brainer.

Merry Christmas
FGOB

No comments:

Post a Comment