Saturday, February 8, 2014

Go Red Event

Last night (Friday Feb 7th 2014) was the Go Red Event held yet again at OTB. The goal is to raise money to fight heart disease. I have a strong belief that you should always be looking for ways to reach outside of yourself and do things to help others. Plus you get to help kick heart disease in the balls.

Anytime I get the chance to kick Heart disease in the balls, well I’m going to take that chance.

Let me take a moment to tell you about the organizer Meg. 2 years ago she had to have open heart surgery. Which isn’t something a wonderful woman in her 20’s should have to face. A thing like this could have broken the spirit of anyone. Spirit is something Meg has in abundance. I am honored to know and humbled to be able to help make the night a success in whatever small way I could. FGOB provided one of the prices for the raffles and I showed up, had fun and bought more than my share of Jello Shots

Or as I call them “My Kryptonite”

I don’t know how much money was raised and the truth is the money isn’t as important as what else I saw. Spirit, lots of spirit. People coming together not just to drink and have fun and hang out with friends after a long cold winter. These people came to support Meg and make a statement

(for some of the drunker ones that statement was F*** CANCER!!)

People can be so Amazing and Wonderful! This is something I have come to believe more and more over the past few years. Over and over again I have watched as someone steps up and does the unbelievable. So when I left the Party (far too early) I left with the feeling that I had been a part of something that was in a word

Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment