Friday, September 30, 2011

It's called KIT

Cycling Clothes, Its called cycling Kit. Special clothes that you wear for just cycling...

I know what your thinking, I made fun of them as well.

Until I bought my first Cycling Jersey. I picked up an Arrogant Bastard Cycling jersey in my size (double extra tubby - 4XL - yeah I really am that big) and I bought pretty much cause it was a beer shirt, and the beer was one of my favorites. Still I was not prepared for just how wonderfully comfortable the shirt was. it pulled the sweat away form my skin and allowed air to flow. it almost felt like I wasn't wearing a shirt at all.

I started to think that maybe, just maybe, these people who designed these actually knew what they are doing. so a few weeks later while I'm at REI looking at a set of padded shorts and I come across these padded boxers - which will give me the comfort of cycling shorts without actually making me wear cycling shorts.

I almost broke down and cried. - yes I know it isn't manly but it is the truth.

I bought them. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Now my biggest problem is I have to do laundry all the time so I have clean cycling clothes to wear each morning for my ride to work. (I don't wear the shirt all the time but I refuse to ride without the shorts - yes they do make that much of a difference.)

I guess next is the rain and winter gear. we shall see.


1 comment:

  1. over the winter, on days I couldn't ride, I trolled Ebay for high-viz bike jerseys. Wouldn't spend more than $20 shipping included, kind of a self-imposed constraint. when spring came I had enough jerseys to not be doing laundry continually. also, if I may, two words: wool socks.

    Cheers, V

    ReplyDelete