Friday, September 23, 2011

A little let down

This is what I found when I got on Liberty Ave. in Bloomfield this morning. I have seen the banners for the festival go up over the past few weeks and I was even toying with the idea of biking to it tonight before going home. The brand new bike lane has been taken over (for the weekend) by the Italian Festival. Both bikelanes on the street are like this (its a little hard to see in the picture but you can see the tents set up on the other side of the street as well.

I am not upset by this. I am not like some other cyclists ready to burn the place down at the first imagined slight. I am, however, a little let down. Just a few days after we finally get actual bike lanes on Liberty (replacing the sharrows which I have mixed feelings about)

Still I'm not going to worry about it, by the time I have to ride it again the festival will be over and things will be back to the way they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment