Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bikefest Party

Happy 10th birthday Bike Pittsburgh

Last night was the bikefest party held at Pittsburgh Opera. This was a special party on several fronts. This year marked the 10th birthday of the organization Bike PGH. It was also special in that it was my first year that I actually got to go to the party.

It was a blast

I still feel a little out of place in a room full of young people, but I had such a good time that I was able to get over it. As I have said before on here I am constantly surprised by just how accepted I have been by the biking community. I mixed, I mingled, I almost danced. I stopped myself before that happened, much to the relief of those around me. Even with the close call with everlasting embarrassment I still managed to enjoy myself more than I thought I would.

The Drinks helped.

Penn Brewery was there and they made things easy on everyone by listing their beers as Light, Dark, Hoppy and HOPPY. The Hoppy was excellent, and the HOPPY was even better. The highlight of the night, drink wise was the Red Star Kombucha. A locally made fermented green tea. I look forward to getting a growler or two of this wonderful drink and trying my hand at making my own.

The night was topped when I actually met friends I knew there and had a great time hanging out with them. We talked and I realized that I really need to change the way I think about my bike as transportation. I need to learn to rely on my bike more and the bus less. I had to leave the party early because I was unwilling to ride my bike back home that late at night. I need to learn to depend on my bike even more.


This was my view as I rode from the strip district back to town to get my bus home. I enjoyed the night, the drinks, and the people. especially the people. Bike people really are some of the best people around.

No comments:

Post a Comment