Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Share the Road

From Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Bob Rogers writesPittsburgh has been steadily moving toward being a “bike-friendly” city for decades. Unfortunately, recent tragedies involving cyclists and automobiles has left some thinking we are not as “friendly” as we should be.

Found this on the Bike PGH blog and I am sorry to say that this is probably more truth than satire these days. I don't get to ride near as much as many others but even I have been getting harassed when I ride and even when I'm walking. maybe it is the fact that I have been sensitized to the problem and thus noticing it more and more. However with the recent spate of cyclists getting hurt and killed, and the high percentage of these being from hit and run drivers I can't help but feel like we are being targeted.

It's a feeling I don't really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment