Friday, July 2, 2010

Volunteer

Photo Credit: Google Image Search

Well today was a really good day. I got up early (for a day off) and headed out to Bike-Pgh to volunteer. I didn't know what to expect and I sure wasn't expecting to spend an hour stuffing envelopes

Note: I am not saying anything negative about envelope stuffing, I had a good time doing it and it was something that needed done.

What I was most excited about was getting to meet all the great people at Bike-Pgh, including one man who was dressed as a pirate (truthfully all I could think of was steve from dodgeball) Arrrrrgh. Still I went and worked for an hour stuffing envelopes over at Bike-Pgh and talking with the guys (and Lolly). I even got to tell my tale of biking, A tale that I thought I had included here but when I try to go and look for it I see that it isn't there.

I will have to rememdy that soon.

Let's get back on target, I have always volunteered for things but many times I volunteered out of a feeling of guilt, a feeling of 'fine! I'll help out' many a time I was just a square peg in a round hole that was hammered in to just fill the hole. Lately it has been different, I have been excited about the idea helping.

I hope the fact is that I have found my passion.

Or perhaps it is just that I have decided to be passionate about something.

The world may never know, but then I'm pretty sure the world doesn't really care. (But I do)


No comments:

Post a Comment