Monday, September 6, 2010

Ventura - Progress

Photo Credit: ME

Well it seems that eventually I do make progress. Here is the frame of the Ventura Stripped and sanded. things went pretty easy once I made the appropriate sacrifice to the cycling Gods (that being my only pair of glasses) so I bit the bullet and took the 4 1/2" angle grinder with wire wheel (which has previously tried to disembowel me)

That was last night, this morning I put the first few coats of primer. Primer I have found is like love, it covers a multitude of sins.

Photo Credit: ME

So now that the frame has the first few coats of primer I am starting to get excited to see what the bike will look like when it is finished. This week I will head off to the art store and order the cans of Montana Paint that I will need. (while I hope that they will have the colors I need in stock I'm not going to bet that just the color of orange I want will be in stock)

unfortunately I still need to take the forks to the bike shop to get the stem drilled out of them so I can strip them and paint them as well. (I may try to just find a different set of forks.) after that it is just new wheels cranks, and bottom bracket. 

glad that it is all coming along just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment