Monday, June 28, 2010

Bike Ninja

Photo Credit: Art Mob

Bike Hacks defines a Bike Ninja as "This is the guy who sneaks up on you at night because he has not one iota of reflective gear and his bike is void of lights and reflectors. These people frequently appear out of nowhere and scare the bejesus out of me."

Since it was bright and sunny, since I am huge fat guy, since I ride a day-glo orange bike, I was more than surprised to find out that I am apparently a Bike Ninja. I am invisible to a whole group of people mostly people in cars talking on cell phones. The not so nice part of me what to ride around with a cell-phone jammer, while the nicer part of me wants to get a helmet cam just so I have proof when I'm found on the side of the road. 

There was one person who saw me. A guy in a Red SUV who decided to rush out of Mcdonalds in order to cut me off. We made Eye Contact so I know that Pricky McPrickster saw me and still rushed out to cut me off. We exchanged words, none of them nice. We waved at each other, well with one of our fingers. I was starting to reach for my u-lock when he sped away. (I was ready for him to jump out the car and rush me - But then a ninja is always ready for action)

It is times like that I want to pick up my bike and toss it at them. In the end I decide not to, after all I really like my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment