Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bike Trail

Photo Credit: Dbacklover

Last weekend I went riding on the GAP (Great Allegheny Passage) Trail and to make things even better my sister (who hasn't been on a bike in 40 years) My son and daughter, as well as my nephew and his son all went along. The day was a pretty perfect day for a bike ride, sunny without being too hot, and the trail is mostly shaded (as you can see from the photo).

We rode 12 miles total, rested when we felt like it and spent a good amount of time sitting at one of the rest areas half in the shade and half in the sun. One of the things I noticed while on the ride was the amount of talking that went on while we were riding. As I bounced from the front of the group to the back of the group i could hear the conversations all around me. My son talking with my nephew, my daughter talking with my sister, and on and on.

By the time we got back to where we rented the bikes we were ready for the ride to be over but as we returned the bikes there were smiles all around. My sister told me flat out that she would be happy to do this again.

I for one was just happy to out riding and surrounded by family.

No comments:

Post a Comment