Thursday, June 17, 2010

Self-Imposed Hiatus

Photo Credit: Majima82

I find myself in a very strange position. No not like that time I got drunk and woke up in a different state. I find myself starting a Cycling Blog and then having to take a break from riding. If you look at the picture above you will see a good representation of how I feel right about now. Awhile I got I got myself into a distressing accident (Read I got run off the Road) and I had thought that the physical problems were minor - Some Road Rash, a few bumps and bruises, and a sore shoulder.

The Road Rash has faded, The bumps and bruises are mostly gone, but the shoulder, the shoulder is still pretty tender and while it works (I can move it just fine thanks as long as I ignore the pain) the shoulder is still tender. So I have decided to give the shoulder a break from the day to day stresses that I put it through and give it a week off to see if I can get some relief. This break from riding has left me with a bit of free time on my hands (I mean how many times can you read the same cycling mag or check to see if anything new is up on bike-pgh forums before you realize you need to do something else.

So to fill up this time I have new project that should be starting today. After work I picked up a beater bike frame that I plan to strip and rebuild. Hopefully this will give me something to focus on instead of staring at the road and wishing I was out there riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment